What are the superstition of wedding?
1) It’s unlucky to go shopping for a wedding ring on a Friday due to the saying of Friday the 13th.
2) Wedding jewellery should only be borrowed from those with a happy marriage.
3) Brides should not try on their complete wedding outfit before the ceremony
4) Pearls represent a bride’s tears.
5) Dropping the ring means the marriage is doomed!
6) You cant see each other before wedding.
Wedding cultures in other countries
- The English believe a spider found in a wedding dress means good luck.
- For Hindus they think raining during wedding day is actually a good sign!
- Ancient Greeks and Romans thought the veil protected the bride from evil spirits.
- Brides and grooms will cross-dressed in Denmark to confuse evil spirits.
- In Holland, a pine tree is planted outside the newlyweds' home as a symbol of fertility and luck.
- Peas are thrown at Czech newlyweds instead of rice.