How to measure your ring size?
The most accurate way to determine your ring size is to visit a local jewelry store where they have several measurement tools to determine your ring size. But there is an alternative way to do so which is by using a ruler.
- Get a string or paper about 6" long and 1/4" wide
- Wrap around the base of your finger. It has to fit snug, but not too tight..
- Mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps forming a circle.
- Compare the length of the string/paper to the chart. That is your ring size !
There are some factors that might affect your ring size namely :-
- Temperature – Fingers have a smaller diameter in cold weather and a bigger diameter in warm weather.
- Humidity causes fingers to swell.
- Diet – Salt and other foods can cause you to retain water and swell
- Weight loss or gain
- Time of Day – Fingers tend to be a smaller diameter in the morning and bigger at night.